BetaCALM Paste is a short term, effective and convenient feed supplement specially designed to help calm nervous, stressed or hot horses.
How will it help my horse?
Each syringe of BetaCALM Paste contains 3 doses of the unique formulation containing
Each mL contains:
- 200mg Tryptophan
- 2.5mg Black Cohosh
- 2.5mg Passion Flower
- 2.5mg Hops
- 2.5mg Ginger Root
For longer term calming, use BetaCALM Powder
Directions for use:
- Dial the syringe to provide the required dose:
1mL per 50kg of bodyweight (10mL for an average 500kg horse)
- Apply directly over the back of the tongue
- Always comply with the respective rules of competition
30mL syringe in a single carton. Each syringe contains 3 x 10mL doses (500kg horse).
BetaCalm paste is a combination of natural herbs and the amino acid L-Tryptophan, which can create a calming effect in horses that are nervous, stressed or over excited.
- Tryptophan is an essential amino acid which stabilisers the horse's mood for a less excitable temperament. Tryptophan is not produced naturally by the horse and the beneficial levels required for mood stabilisation are not present in feed. Tryptophan is a precursor to the production of serotonin, which is a naturally occurring neurotransmitter which helps to induce a feeling of calmness.
- Black Cohosh is a herbal extract commonly used to assist in alleviating stress and anxiety
- Passion Flower Is a herb that has long been used to help relieves stress and anxiety and is particularly useful when stress and anxiety manifests as aggression.
- Hops is a herb containing a variety of nutrients including volatile oils, tannins, flavonoids, organic acids, vitamins, minerals and trace elements. Often recommended as a tool against anxiety and stress, hops has a calming effect.
- Ginger Root is often used as a catalyst herb as it has the effect of enhancing the absorption of other herbs and nutrients.