Blue Mountain Rug
When canvas is your material of choice, you can't go past Zilco for consistant quality, reliability and value for money. The Blue Mountain is made from 17oz polycotton ripstop canvas, lined with bush blanket.
- Shoulder Gussets
- 3 point leather chest strap
- Fleece wither protector
- 1 metre drop
- Large tail flap
- Hood Dees
- Rump darts for a contoured fit
- Satin lined shoulders
- Leg straps
- Waterproof and Breathable
- 1 year Warranty
- 3 star warmth rating
Note: To work out the correct size to fit your horse, please refer to our page on Rug Sizing and Care.
All Zilco rugs are based on tried and proven patterns, based on International sizing. When choosing a Zilco rug, you must consider the measurement of the horse in relation to the size of rug it needs. This is important to ensure an optimal fit, comfort, and for ease of movement.
Before choosing a rug from the Zilco range, we recommend that the horse be measured from (A) the centre of the horse's chest, over the high point of the shoulder and then to (B) the rear of the hind leg. For the best performance, ensure the rug is the right size for your horse. Rugs should be positioned well forward and fastened firmly in order to prevent the rug from slipping out of place.
Height of Horse
9 Hands & Under
We pride ourselves on the fact that our rug patterns produce a great fit on a huge variety of horse shapes and sizes, however even the best design available will not give the best results if it is fitted incorrectly.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened to the 1st or 2nd hole. Any further back than this, and the horse may need a larger size.
- Make sure the rug fits firmly around the neck and chest. This prevents the rug from "rolling" and slipping out of place
- Leg straps should be looped around each other, and loose enough to prevent chafing - but not so loose that they hang down anywhere near the horse's hock
- To prevent mane rub, clean the satin lining on the neck rug (where applicable) once a week, and spray the mane with a conditioner or detangler
- Leg strap clips should face inwards (towards the horse) to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards
Care of Zilco Waterproof Rugs
Zilco's range of synthetic rugs are made from technologically advanced synthetic materials. To ensure the waterproof properties are retained, we recommend the following:-
- If the rug is removed whilst damp or wet, it should be hung up in a dry, well ventilated area.
- Zilco rugs may be washed in cold water on a gentle cycle, or by hanging over a clothes line and hosed. Do NOT scrub or wash with detergents as this can damage the waterproofing.
- Always follow the directions as they appear on the package or labelling
- When not in use, rugs should be stored in a dry place with good ventilation.
Occasionally in heavy rain, some moisture penetration may occur in the sewn areas of the rug. This is not significant and due to the positioning of the stitching, it will not affect the performance of the rug. Moisture penetration can also happen as a result of the horse standing tail-in or head-in to the weather, particularly when windy. This is normal, and no rug can completely protect from this.
Zilco canvas rugs are sewn using a specially developed cotton covered nylon thread. This is designed to swell when wet, to completely fill the stitch holes. It is recommended that before using a Zilco canvas rug, to completely wet the rug first and allow to dry.
Zilco rug users have always trusted the design and quality of our rugs. Customers can now shop with even greater confidence as a large selection of our range are now backed with a formal warranty that guarantees the waterproof qualities of the material, and the durability of the hardware fittings to the original purchaser. Full warranty details are included with each rug purchased. Look for the 1 and 2 year warranty symbols noted in the product details.