Flag Rug - White
A rug designed for the hottest of days. The flag fabric in this combo is feather-light and soft to the touch. The construction of this material will help keep insects at bay while protecting the horse's coat from the sun's harsh rays.
This is a soft, lightweight rug and is therefore not as robust as many other rugs in the Zilco range. If you are looking for a durable paddock rug, try a Zilco Aircon or Supa-Air for similar benefits and added strength
Durable & secure touch-tape straps on the neck with metal dees
Single front strap
Reinforced webbing along spine and sides
Large Tail Flap
Note: To work out the correct size to fit your horse, please refer to our page on Rug Sizing and Care.
All Zilco rugs are based on tried and proven patterns, based on International sizing. When choosing a Zilco rug, you must consider the measurement of the horse in relation to the size of rug it needs. This is important to ensure an optimal fit, comfort, and for ease of movement.
Before choosing a rug from the Zilco range, we recommend that the horse be measured from (A) the centre of the horse's chest, over the high point of the shoulder and then to (B) the rear of the hind leg. For the best performance, ensure the rug is the right size for your horse. Rugs should be positioned well forward and fastened firmly in order to prevent the rug from slipping out of place.
|Height of Horse
9 Hands & Under
We pride ourselves on the fact that our rug patterns produce a great fit on a huge variety of horse shapes and sizes, however even the best design available will not give the best results if it is fitted incorrectly.
- Place the rug forward and in front of the wither. The chest buckle should be fastened to the 1st or 2nd hole. Any further back than this, and the horse may need a larger size.
- Make sure the rug fits firmly around the neck and chest. This prevents the rug from "rolling" and slipping out of place
- Leg straps should be looped around each other, and loose enough to prevent chafing - but not so loose that they hang down anywhere near the horse's hock
- To prevent mane rub, clean the satin lining on the neck rug (where applicable) once a week, and spray the mane with a conditioner or detangler
- Leg strap clips should face inwards (towards the horse) to reduce the chance of catching on fences or other hazards